VA Sierra Nevada Health Care System
Current Operating Status
As of Friday, May 11, 2018 4:23 PM PDT
VA is currently investigating a telephone scam involving an individual or individuals impersonating VA Office of General Counsel attorneys. It is important to know that VA — as a cabinet-level agency of the U.S. government, funded by Congress — will never request payment for carrying out our mission to serve Veterans.
- Know that VA will never call you and request money, even if you see “Veterans Affairs” on your caller identification.
- Do not give out any personally identifiable information or other personal or sensitive data such as financial and banking information.
- Hang up the phone immediately.
- Report the incident to your state’s attorney general: naag.org/naag/attorneys-general/whos-my-ag.php.
- File a complaint using the Federal Trade Commission’s Complaint Assistant, ftccomplaintassistant.gov/GettingStarted?NextQID=216&Selected=t#crnt.
- Emergency: 911
- Veterans Crisis Line: 1-800-273-8255 (Press 1)
- 24 Hour Nurse: 775-328-1453
- Change Your Appointment: 775-328-1453
- Media Inquiries: 775-328-1810
- National Veterans Helpline: 1-800-507-4571
- Patient Locator: 775-786-7200 or
- Pharmacy Refill: 775-334-4117
- Staff Locator: Not Available
- Telephone Care: 775-328-1453