VA Sierra Nevada Health Care System
The staff at the VA Sierra Nevada Health Care System have provided a number of ways for you to learn how to live a healthy lifestyle and self-manage your own health.
Patient Education CenterPatient Education Resource Center (PERC) is located in Building G, first floor, Room G1620, across from Outpatient Pharmacy. Open from 9:00am to 12 and 1- 3:30PM, Monday-Friday (excluding holidays). Phone 775-784-3908
Our Patient Education Resourced Center is staffed by a Communication Specialist, volunteers and work study students. They will assist you in registering for My Health eVet as well as accessing on-line and printed health education information.
The My HealtheVet site provides veterans and their families excellent, reliable patient education information as well as the latest VA News. Information about veterans benefits and services is also available.
Upon registering with My HealtheVet, you will be able to —
- refill prescriptions online
- keep personal food and activity journals
- monitor your personal health data, such as blood pressure and pain levels
- maintain your own self-entered personal health record
- Email your PACT team and other providers through the secure message function.
Clinical staff provide ongoing health education during regularly scheduled outpatient clinic visits. Courses focus on —
- health promotion
- upcoming tests and procedures
Staff can tell you about upcoming education classes that are available.
Clinical staff begin the patient education process at the time of admission, during the hospital stay, and at discharge. Our goal is to provide a hospital environment where patients —
- continually receive updated health information
- are able to ask questions about their health
- can enjoy as comfortably as possible their stay in our facility
VA Television Network
An on-demand education video system is available for all inpatient rooms and in some waiting areas. Ask the staff for further information on how to access the system.